Submit your entry into The Body Electric Showdown before Tuesday, May 27th (11:58 pm UTC).
We’re excited to launch the 18th edition of our Showdown competition and look forward to seeing your submissions! Click here to read more about the theme, The Body Electric.
In order to make sure your submission stands out, please be sure to do the following:
1. Select an Original Work and Mark it as “For Sale”
In order to participate in Showdown, your submitted artwork must be marked as “For Sale.” Part of this process involves uploading a government issued identification, like your passport or drivers license, that includes your photo and full name. This is to ensure the security of our site for both artists and collectors. You may black out the identification number if you like.
There are two ways to upload a copy of your identification:
- Upload it as part of the Upload/Sell process, or
- Go to Account > Address and Identification and upload it within the “Government Issued Identification” section of that page.
2. Complete Your Profile
We want to know about you and so do Showdown judges, journalists, collectors, and curators. We strongly encourage you to complete your profile. Not only will it help with Showdown, but we know that complete profiles lead to sales as well.
Be sure to include any shows you’ve participated in and any awards, as well as links to your website and social media profiles.
3. Check Your Artwork
Make sure your artwork is well-lit, properly cropped and clearly visible.
- Upload HIGH QUALITY images; do not overly compress files
- Make sure the BACKGROUND ISN’T SHOWING when you crop your images
- Make sure there aren’t any HOT SPOTS in the lighting
For more information on how to photograph your work check out our artist resource page here: http://www.saatchiart.com/artschool.
Thank you for sharing your talent and enthusiasm with the Saatchi Art community. We look forward to seeing your work!